Thursday 9 August 2012


GRAMMAR
SIMPLE SENTENCE
A simple sentence contains one subject and verb relationship. It expresses one main idea.
Ø  The line is busy now.

Ø  Parts of the simple sentence, however, may be compound:
Ø  Mr. Hillier and Mr. Williams teach science at S.S.J.H. (compound subject)
Ø  Mr. Hillier teaches science and coaches wrestling. (compound verb)

COMPOUND SENTENCE
A compound sentence is made up of two simple sentences that express related ideas. These sentences are connected by a semicolon or by a comma and a compound connector (or coordinating conjunction). A semicolon that connects two simple sentences may be followed by a transitional word. A sentence is compound if it can be divided into two whole sentences.
Ø  The line is busy now, but I will try again later.
Ø  The addition to our house is finished; the workmen were paid today.
Ø  The line is busy now; however, I will try again later.

COMPLEX SENTENCE
A complex sentence contains one independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. A complex sentence expresses one main idea and one or more dependent ideas. A dependent clause is always introduced by a complex connector (also known as a subordinating conjunction).
Ø  Although the line is busy now, I will try again later.
Ø  The line is busy because Julie talks to Lisa for three hours everyday.
Ø  The student who shows the most school spirit will be awarded an “S”.

COMPUND-COMPLEX
A compound-complex sentence contains two independent clauses and one or more dependant clauses. A compound-complex sentence expresses two ideas as well as one or more dependent ideas. A compound-complex sentence contains one compound connector and one or more complex connectors.
Ø  The line is busy, but I will try again as soon as I finish my homework.
Ø  The boy who lives next door asked me to go to Lagoon with him; however, I already had plans to go camping with my family.

BLOG
 SENTENCE STRUCTURE

Simple Sentences
1. Meymey and vencent play tennis every Sunday.
2. lola waited for the friend at the café
Compound sentences
1.      I tired to working, and my friend tired to sleep.
2.      I told him I want an apple juice, but he give me orange juice.
Complex sentences
1.      After they done to the cinema, azia and azira went to eating
2.      Dora are studying because she have the quiz tomorrow.
Compound-Complex Sentences
1. Even though he prefers to ride on car, he chooses to walk; however, the destination is too far.
2. I usually bring my clothes to laundry whenever I feel lazy, or I just use the washing machine.





No comments:

Post a Comment