Thursday 9 August 2012


GRAMMAR
ALLITERATION
The repetition of the first syllables of a series of words and/ or phrases. Modern alliteration is predominantly consonantal. Alliteration can be broken down into two groups:
Assonance:  the repetition of vowel sounds but not consonant sounds.
  Fleet feet sweep by sleeping geeks.

Consonance:  the repetition of consonant sounds by not vowel sounds.
  Some mammals are clammy.

HYPERBOLE
A hyperbole is a figure of speech in which an overstatement or exaggeration occurs. Often used in poetry or in casual speech, hyperboles are usually used to create emphasis or effect.
  The bag weighs a ton.

METAPHOR
A metaphor is a comparison in which one thing is said to be another. The words “like” and “as” are not used in metaphors.
  You are a gem.
  Time is thief.

ONOMATOPEIA
Onomatopoeia is the formation of a word that imitates or suggests the sound that it represents.
  The “oink” of the pig.
  The “moo” of the cow.
  The “quack” of the duck.

PERSONIFICATION
Personification is a figur of speech where something nonhuman is given the characteristics of a human.
  The camera loves me.
  The flowers begged for water.

SIMILE
A simile is a figure of speech that compares two unlike quantities by employing the words “like”, “as”, or “than”.
  She swims like a dolphin.
  She dances as gracefully as a swan

Blog:
story with mind map
        My childhood memory
Good morning to Mis Freda Edward and all my friend, today I’m want to sharing my unforgettable memories, let me introduce myself my name is Juslina Elecia, I was born in 10/07/1992, I come from Kota Belud(my village) but live at kinarut, I’m taking diploma hotel management at here.
My unforgettable memory is when I was 10 years old at my primary school. I and my friend alen, serra, olga, Kelvin, and fred also lionel, We always play together, back home together because my home and my friend home just one way go them house, hangout together(go to the river, forest, town, church), dance together( we like to sumazau dance), we like to sing and song too(just holly song). One they in the morning at my primary school, Kelvin bought we play net ball in front class 4A(class 4A just for a good student) and slide window and the two off the basket to be a net to shut the ball, but alen don’t want to play with we because they sick, alen just sit at the chair. Kelvin, and serra also olga is one group and I and lionel also ferd is one group, in the time Kelvin group try to shut the ball in the net but the ball is not shut, and my group lionel we call long man because they a very height, then lionel shut the ball but the ball not shut in the net, unfortunately the ball was shut at the window and the window is broken, lionel very scary. Kelvin group and me also fred very shock and don’t know what want to say. My English teacher (cerlin) come and asking Kelvin “why the window is broke?” and Kelvin say “we play net ball unfortunately the ball was shut at the window”, teacher cerlin was angry and they speak very louder seriously I really afraid because teacher cerlin like a monster. Lionel feel so afraid and lionel say “sorry sorry” but teacher cerlin still angry and lionel was cry because they afraid with teacher cerlin. Teacher cerlin don’t want to see we play at front class 4A because afraid the window broke again. Start from the accident lionel always afraid with teacher cerlin until now.
Just that thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment